This month’s wellness theme is all about self-care and taking the time out of your busy schedule to de-stress and relax in a way that promotes positive well-being. What better way to show yourself some love than whipping up DIY beauty products! Follow the recipes below to make amazing and all-natural beauty products to gift yourself or a friend for Valentine’s Day!
Whipped Coconut Hand Salve
1 cup of coconut oil
8-10 drops of your favorite essential oils*
– Scoop coconut oil into a mixing bowl and add desired essential oils.
– With a mixer or whisk, whip the mixture for 5-8 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.
– Store the product in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
– To Use: Massage the hand salve into your hands and arms when feeling dry.
4-ounce spray bottle
2 Tbsp. witch hazel
6 Tbsp. distilled water
5 drops lavender and 5 drops chamomile essential oil
– Using a funnel, add the witch hazel and distilled water to a 2 oz spray bottle.
– Add in essential oils. Replace the sprayer and top on the bottle and shake it well.
– To Use: Shake the bottle, and spray a light mist on pillows, sheets, and bedding before sleep.
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup of sugar
5-7 drops essential oils*
– Combine melted coconut oil and sugar.
– Add 5-7 drops of essential oils and mix well.
– Store in an airtight container and at room temperature.
– To use: Scoop out with a spoon, exfoliate dry skin and rinse with warm water.
*Essential Oil Cheat Sheet
Lavender: calming; promotes relaxation
Peppermint: refreshing; boosts circulation
Orange: energizing; improves immunity
Pine: stimulation; alleviates muscle soreness
Tea Tree: cleansing; anti-inflammatory and antifungal