Self-care doesn’t require expensive spa treatments, or even leaving your house. What better way to show yourself some love than whipping up DIY beauty products! Follow the recipes below to make amazing and all-natural beauty products with common household ingredients.
Whipped Coconut Hand Salve
1 cup of coconut oil
8-10 drops of your favorite essential oils*
– Scoop coconut oil into a mixing bowl and add desired essential oils.
– With a mixer or whisk, whip the mixture for 5-8 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.
– Store the product in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
– To Use: Massage the hand salve into your hands and arms when feeling dry.
4-ounce spray bottle
2 Tbsp. witch hazel
6 Tbsp. distilled water
5 drops lavender and 5 drops chamomile essential oil
– Using a funnel, add the witch hazel and distilled water to a 4 oz spray bottle.
– Add in essential oils. Replace the sprayer and top on the bottle and shake it well.
– To Use: Shake the bottle, and spray a light mist on pillows, sheets, and bedding before sleep.
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup of sugar
5-7 drops essential oils*
– Combine melted coconut oil and sugar.
– Add 5-7 drops of essential oils and mix well.
– Store in an airtight container and at room temperature.
– To use: Scoop out with a spoon, exfoliate dry skin and rinse with warm water.
*Essential Oil Cheat Sheet
Lavender: calming; promotes relaxation
Peppermint: refreshing; boosts circulation
Orange: energizing; improves immunity
Pine: stimulation; alleviates muscle soreness
Tea Tree: cleansing; anti-inflammatory and antifungal